TTL when updating via DDNS

Marc Muehlfeld Marc.Muehlfeld at medizinische-genetik.de
Wed Jul 9 09:31:41 UTC 2008

Hello,

I'm using dhcpd 3.0.6 that came with openSUE 10.3. I setup DDNS for my
clients, but I saw, that the entries created in named have a short TTL. After
some searching on the web, I found out that the entries are allways created
with half "default-lease-time", which I can confirm.

But I have the problem, that clients that run 24x7 disapper from DNS after TTL
and are not accessible through the FQDN any more. I found an option "ddns-ttl"
  on different pages of the internet. When I set this parameter, it doesn't
make dhcpd complain. But it doesn't work, either.

How can I ensure, that the entries stay in the zone files until the client
release or renew it's lease?

Regards
Marc