OMAPI Host Object and Duplicate MACs in different subnets

Caciano Machado caciano at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 16:08:28 UTC 2008

What I need is something like this:

# from dhcpd.leases
host X.Y.Z.1 {
  dynamic;
  hardware ethernet 00:01:f4:0c:17:fb;
  fixed-address 143.54.254.1;
  group "56";
        supersede server.max-lease-time = 00:f0:99:b1;
        supersede domain-name-servers = concat (8f:36:01:5e, 8f:36:01:5f);
        supersede routers = 8f:36:ea:01;
        supersede server.default-lease-time = 00:f0:99:c0;
        supersede domain-name = "subnet1.ufrgs.br";
}

host X.Y.Z.2 {
  dynamic;
  hardware ethernet 00:01:f4:0c:17:fb;
  fixed-address 143.54.1.1;
  group "57";
        supersede server.max-lease-time = 00:f0:99:c0;
        supersede domain-name-servers = concat (8f:36:01:5e, 8f:36:01:5f);
        supersede routers = 8f:36:01:01;
        supersede server.default-lease-time = 00:f0:99:c0;
        supersede domain-name = "subnet2.ufrgs.br";
}

When I try to create X.Y.Z.2 I get an error.

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Glenn Satchell
<Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au> wrote:

> If this were being configured in dhcpd.conf then you would assign each
> host statement a unique name and it would work. But I see there's no
> way to do that in omapi, so I can't see a way to do what you want
> without modifying the source.
>
> Mac address is usually supposed to be unique - can you modify the
> clients that have the same mac and make it unique?

Unfortunately, it's hard to modify the clients. I don't have control
over them :-(.