DHCP Authentication

Marco Amadori amadorim at vdavda.com
Tue Jul 1 10:42:39 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008, 12:23:58, Simon Hobson wrote:

> Probably, just running the DHCP protocol on non-standard ports should
> do the trick for you. In the general case (where you need to use the
> standard ports) you need to configure both servers to be
> authoritative for only 'their' clients and totally ignore any other
> clients - this requires admin access to BOTH servers and cannot be
> achieved without.

Thanks for the answer, do you have any hints for semplify dhcpd.conf I wrote
in the previous mail?

Or in other words: there is a way to produce parametric "classes" and "pools"
rules? (I resolved that including a shell-generated classes and pools file,
but seeking for a more elegant solution).

Kudos for supporting regular expression matches in v 4.0!

--
ESC:wq

believed to be clean.