Max number of subnets DHCP can handle

Chris Fabri fabric at northwestern.edu
Mon Jan 28 20:56:06 UTC 2008

On 1/28/08 2:32 PM, Chris Fabri wrote:

> David, thanks for your reply, this is all very helpful.    I was hoping
> that v3.1.0 would wrap up while I was writing this, but I'll have to
> follow-up with an update.   Once it's loaded and has it's leases file
> stabilized, I'll try doing a restart to see what timing looks like on
> that, and then I'll try a virgin leases file on the secondary and see
> how it does with that, although right now that doesn't strictly look
> necessary.   chris

Bah, both of the tail -f's on the log files were locked up.   I've never
seen that before.  Apparently it had timeout out long ago.   The leases
files finished writing a bit more than an hour after startup.

I've just tried stopping the DHCP process on the secondary and creating
an empty leases file.   We'll see what happens.    chris