PB with bind, DHCP, and mail client Evolution

stephane lepain penguindeb at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:32:54 UTC 2008

Hi guys,

I am a bit confused as far as this is going. I have installed a dhcp server
and bind for one of my customer. Everything went fine until he couldnt
connect to his mailbox from his ISP. Strangely enough, he is got two email
accounts, one with his isp that is giving him DSL connection (that is the
one he cannot connect to anymore) and another email account a mac.com one
that he is able to receive email from.

As far as the comfiguration is going, there is absolutly nothing fency but
there is the part where I need to double check with you guys.

First of all

ddns-update-style none; // I thought I'd better not conflict with the isp's
dns

authoritative; // I hope that is not conflicting with the isp's.

option domain-name-servers 192.168.1.7 // his new internal dns server

option domain-name macitos; // his new domain.

I dont see anything wrong here with my config. May be I have omitted
something??

What is worst is that if I ping his pop account from his internal network it
is going through.

Any help is much appreciated  here as I am completly stuck.

Cheers to all of you