dhcp status apps

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Fri Jan 4 21:22:40 UTC 2008

J E wrote:

> Actually, the author pretty much says it:   "That doesn't mean that
> DHCPStatus will display any of the new features, it just means that at
> least it won't crash on you with a syntax error."  I'm just taking his
> word for it at this point.  :)
>

>> One thing that DHCPStatus is missing (very important, imho) is the
>> ability to process "include" statements.  We are running more than 250
>> subnets, and are using include statements in our dhcpd.conf that allow
>> us to split up the conf into manageable files.  DHCPStatus does not
>> include the included configs, so it is kind of useless in this sense.
>> I am looking at the code to see if it is easy to modify, but I am not
>> a perlmonger by any means so I don't hold much hope!  :)
>>
>> Alex
>>

> Good to know - we make HEAVY use of includes. 47 of them currently with
> more to come as I break out the config completely.  This was the sort of
> thing I was hoping to suss out before installing it. We also make use of
> pools and bootp, something the author mentions as not supported. Don't
> remember if they are v3 specific (haven't used v2 in a long time), but
> we also use classes/subclasses and probably a few options that it won't
> like.
>
> Thanks!
>
> jef

One thing that I do notice is that this script uses a "comment" line in the subnet definition to describe the subnet that it finds.  However, I have
tried adding a comment line to a working subnet and the server reports that as an error.  Is the comment line something that went away after version 3
came out?  Or am I just doing it improperly?

I added:

comment Subnet-comment;

between the subnet line and the pool line.

Alex