dhcp status apps

Alex Moen alexm at ndtel.com
Fri Jan 4 20:01:51 UTC 2008

 > > Subject: Re: dhcp status apps
 > > From: chris_cox at stercomm.com
 > > To: dhcp-users at isc.org
 > > Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:16:21 -0600

 > > I'm curious.  What is it missing?  You say it's "not complete".
 > >
 > > Just curious.  We use it it here.  We also wrote some stuff to web
 > > display our DNS.

One thing that DHCPStatus is missing (very important, imho) is the ability to process "include" statements.  We are running more than 250 subnets, and
are using include statements in our dhcpd.conf that allow us to split up the conf into manageable files.  DHCPStatus does not include the included
configs, so it is kind of useless in this sense.  I am looking at the code to see if it is easy to modify, but I am not a perlmonger by any means so I
don't hold much hope!  :)

Alex