Specify proxy web into dhcp ?

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Feb 1 12:39:40 UTC 2008

>Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 10:59:59 +0100
>From: NOC Phibee <noc at phibee.net>
>To: dhcp-users at isc.org
>Subject: Specify proxy web into dhcp ?
>
>Hi
>
>it's possible to sent the proxy address and port in dhcp ?
>
>thanks bye

I've had this in my dhcpd.conf for a long time. Seems to work well with
IE, Mozilla and Firefox.

# Windows systems accept the WPAD option for setting up their proxy server
# (Autodetect proxy settings):
# (According to Ted Lemon, "text" will get the Microsoft
# NUL termination bug heuristic applied, and "string" won't!
option wpad-curl code 252 = text;
option wpad-curl "http://proxy.example.com/proxy.pac\000";

And the definitive details on what goes in proxy.pac can be found here:

http://home.netscape.com/eng/mozilla/2.0/relnotes/demo/proxy-live.html

I also remember reading a MS knowledge base article on the different
settings IE will take to automatically set the proxy. But the abpve
should be enough to get you going.

regards,
-glenn