Execute Based Class Matching

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Dec 18 22:23:25 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 09:51:04PM +0000, Patricio Latini wrote:
> I have coded a patch to support class matching based on the value returned
> by an execute() command. The execute command will allow a retuned value of 0

Send it to dhcp-suggest@ please.  The idea of a pipe based execute()
is intriguing (for the ability to create an option contents field
based on the output).

> Any comments are welcome.

Have you considered using subclasses instead of multiple classes?

The question is how to organize the work so that one execute() can
place the client in an array of class structures.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/