ISC DHCPv6 Client Rapid Commit

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Dec 4 23:27:19 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 12:52:54AM -0500, John Jason Brzozowski wrote:
> I figured out the issue, it was configuration.  The following needs to be in
> the global configuration context per subnet6 appears to be invalid:
>
> option dhcp6.rapid-commit;
>
> The above the configuration in the client configuration resulted in a
> successful rapid commit exchange.

Hm.  It looks like we try to source a lot of config in the
start_reply() function, long before we've assigned any IPv6
addresses.

Without the addresses, there's no tie-in to subnet(s).

We can probably fix this in maint by shuffling the work after lease
assignment.

This will also be true of server id (a server id scoped in the subnet
would likely get lost), and reconfigure accept (DOCSIS compatibility,
we don't support reconfigure extensions yet).

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/