Brother printer and option "routers"

Tina Siegenthaler tina at zool.uzh.ch
Fri Dec 19 15:01:15 UTC 2008

Hi zeshan

Thanks for trying to help me. This problem really affects only the 5
or so Brother printers (just got some more of them. Sigh. They have
that cashback program at the moment, 50 yeras Brother Europe, so
everyone is buying Brother printers here. Will set the IPs manually,
but DHCP would be better...). All of them do not accept the routers
option from the DHCP server. All other printers (mainly HP and Xerox)
as well as all the computers have no problems. Seems really to be
something specific to the Brother printers.

I tried leaving them on DHCP and just entering the gateway address
manually; this works until they refresh their lease, or the printer is
restarted. Then the correct address is again replaced by 0.0.0.0.

Tina

Am 18.12.2008 um 17:12 schrieb zeshan:

> tina how many printer u r using in ur company can u try another
> network printer.and did u try to give all settings
> manually?after is it working or not.plz try to give gateway
> ip manually.becuse ur configue file is correct.

Dr. Tina Siegenthaler

IT support

Institute of Zoology
University of Zurich