RFC 3442 support in dhcpv4

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Dec 17 20:02:42 UTC 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 09:38:29AM -1000, David Cantrell wrote:
> Are classless static route options (option 121) supported in
> dhcpd/dhclient now?  I have found inconsistent information and looking
> at the code for 4.0.0 and 4.1.0rc1 shows nothing for option 121 support.
>  Am I looking in the wrong place?

No formal support; the best is you can define the format of the option
as an array of unsigned 8-bit integers, and use contrived dhcpd.conf
tab indents and newlines to make clear all the fields in each route
entry.

This makes it a bit harder to use in the client...it's hard to express
a list of routes like this as a text string suitable for sh-script for
loops, even with formal support for the option format.  It's the kind
of thing that makes me wish our config values were expressed in XML
(or something) instead of flat environment variables.

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/