leases based on MAC address

Elliot Finley lists at efinley.com
Tue Aug 12 20:22:16 UTC 2008

I know there have been patches in the past for this, but after several
hours on google, I've been unable to find one.

I need to be able to disregard the client-identifier when handing out
leases.  I want to have everything based on MAC address.

I have lots of clients that have changing client-identifiers and thus
changing IPs, but their MAC remains the same.

If you have or know of a patch to accomplish this, I would appreciate
any pointers.

TIA
Elliot

P.S.  This would be a valuable option to have in the standard
distribution.