Default Gateway via DHCP

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Aug 7 20:27:52 UTC 2008

At 13:16 -0700 7/8/08, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
>Below is an excerpt from my dhcpd.conf for version 3.  Nearly
>everything is working correctly, but I've noticed the default
>gateway is not being set correctly on my clients.  The gateway
>SHOULD be 192.168.0.72, but the clients are showing 192.168.0.1.
>I'm defining the "option routers" at pool and group levels - I don't
>know why.

Not sure if it will make any difference, but you should move your
host declarations out of the subnet declarations - host statements
are global in scope, but have strange inheritance when defined inside
a subnet. It's especially problematic when a host is defined in one
subnet, but gets physically moved to another.