ISC DHCP 3.1.1rc1 is now available!

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Tue Apr 1 21:42:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 30, 2008 at 08:26:57PM +0200, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> +#if 0
>  		    dump_rc_history (&n [i]);
> +#endif

looks like memory leakage assumes rc history, which is kind of
unfortunate.

> Hopefully these are reasonable changes - however, since I haven't really
> dug into the code in sufficient detail ("you're in a maze of twisty
> little hash tables, all different"), I can't make any guarantees.

looks to be.

> Mar 30 19:13:30 slam2 dhcpd: lease 195.139.136.2 refcnt 1
> Mar 30 19:20:50 slam2 dhcpd: lease hunk 925e028 leases 253 free 252
> Mar 30 19:21:18 slam2 dhcpd: hashbucket 80d8028 hash_buckets 127 free 125
>
> So what do these log entries indicate?

i think these are all related, which is saying that there are some
leases that have nonzero reference counts, and weren't freed.

since it seems one of the hashes is holding the references, i suspect
this is just a cleanup issue.

-
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
Why settle for the lesser evil?	 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/