lease file parsing

Paine, Thomas Asa PAINETA at uwec.edu
Thu Sep 27 01:53:07 UTC 2007

Elliot,

per the dhcpd.leases man page

"Server keeps a persistent database of leases that it has assigned"

"The lease file is a log-structured file - whenever a lease changes, the
       contents of that lease are written to the end of the file.   This means
       that it is entirely possible and quite reasonable for there to  be  two
       or  more  declarations  of the same lease in the lease file at the same
       time.   In that case,  the  instance  of  that  particular  lease  that
       appears last in the file is the one that is in effect"

   Thomas Paine {paineta at uwec.edu)}
   University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire