API???

Werner Otto werner.otto at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:08:26 UTC 2007

I want to have realtime information for all DHCPACK and DHCP_RELEASE events.
I am currently piping the DHCP server log entries to a Java application
listening on a socket. Ideally I would like to use a server API, so that I
can subscribe to these events mentioned and only send the ACK and RELEASE
events over to my application. This allows me to create a C/C++ application
that interacts with my Java program the way I want and maybe have a look at
using the JDHCP API, something like:

DHCP SERVER --> Custom application interested in ACK and RELEASE events -->
XML/RPC --> Java Web Services (using JDHCP)

I am not sure if the dhcpctl API allows me to do these things. What it will
do is to expose a number of objects and their lease state, good stuff, but I
will need to ask for it instead of me getting it realtime.

On 14/09/2007, Shane Kerr <Shane_Kerr at isc.org> wrote:

--
Kind Regards
Werner Otto