Help with class declarations, bad lease options

Chris De Young chd at chud.net
Thu Sep 13 18:23:50 UTC 2007

Hello,

I've run into a weird (to me) problem that I hope someone can help shed some
light on.  I suspect I don't fully understand how class declarations work.

I have a declaration like this in my configuration file:

shared-network wireless-4 {

    allow unknown-clients;
    option domain-name "my.domain.edu";
    subnet 172.30.0.128 netmask 255.255.255.128 {
        option routers 172.30.0.129;
        option subnet-mask 255.255.255.128;
        range 172.30.0.130 172.30.0.249;

        class "4 Cisco AP c1130" {
                match if option vendor-class-identifier = "Cisco AP c1130";
                option vendor-class-identifier "Cisco AP c1130";
                vendor-option-space Cisco_LWAPP_AP;
                option mobility-group f1:04:ac:10:fd:76;
            }

        class "4 Cisco AP c1240" {
                match if option vendor-class-identifier = "Cisco AP c1240";
                option vendor-class-identifier "Cisco AP c1240";
                vendor-option-space Cisco_LWAPP_AP;
                option mobility-group f1:04:ac:10:fd:76;
            }
    }
}

The problem I'm running into is that for every address pool declared later than
this in my configuration file (almost all of which are wireless segments and
have similar class declarations), clients get lease offers with addresses from
the appropriate pool, but a default route of 172.30.0.129 - the value from this
first pool.  (They may be getting the subnet mask option form this pool rather
than the correct one too - I haven't verified that for sure, since most of them
are the same.)

This is the only place in the configuration file where this specific class name
("4 Cisco AP c1130", in this case) is used, it does not appear in any "allow
members" statements or the like elsewhere in the configuration.

I'm sure something's broken in my configuration; can anyone point me toward
what, or let me know what I'm not understanding about how this is working?

Thanks much!
-Chris