Configuration & Running of DHCP server in a Solaris Container

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 15:09:02 UTC 2007

Paul Cassidy wrote:
>I'm trying to run the dhcp server in a Solaris 10 container/zone.
>The server has built and
>installed without issue. But I am unable to start the server as it
>cannot find the loopback
>interface lo0.

>         subnet 127.0.0.0 netmask 255.0.0.0 {
>         }

Why are you trying to serve addresses on the loopback interface ? Try
removing this subnet declaration and see what happens.

My guess is that the server is seeing that this subnet is attached to
an aliased interface and is trying to lookup the parameters of the
base (real) interface it would normally be based on.