Classifying traffic according to options passed in a host statement

Brian Raaen braaen at zcorum.com
Thu Oct 25 11:26:23 UTC 2007

Dear Simon,
	Actually I do need to use host for two different reasons.  The first reason
is that we have situations where we assign static ip addresses to the modems.
The second reason is that my company required that my solution did not break
the current framework that our provisioning software uses to add modem.  The
program our software developers created writes the host statement to a
modem.conf file where the modems are tracked.  I checked with the software
guy and he said it may not be too difficult to modify the code to use
something like 'option modem-conf' in the place of 'filename'.  I had thought
of using groups, but that would require additional logic in the provisioning
software.

--
Brian Raaen
Network Engineer