Duplicate lease, different ip.

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Thu May 3 12:55:41 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 14:40 +0200, Douglas Power wrote:
> I do not seem to be coming right here so I scraped the patch stuff and
> recompiled both 3.1.0a3 & 3.0.5 after running "make" & make install"
> there were no errors or warning. However when I try to start dhcp
> "service dhcpd restart" it gives the exact same error as bellow.
> I would have thought that a straight download, unpack, ./configure, make
> & make install with no errors or warnings would start the server without
> any hassles. Do you know of any issue with the src and SLED10?

I've no experience at all with SLES<anything>, but you will get more
information if you do the following. Assuming the init script lives
in /etc/init.d/dhcpd (paths may vary):

sh -x /etc/init.d/dhcpd

The "-x" argument will give you each step of the script as it runs,
including the command line and options used to give you your error. From
that you should be able to backtrack to where the error comes from -
perhaps there's an obsolete option in /etc/sysconfig/dhcpd, for example.

Graeme