dhcpd performance?

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Tue May 1 20:10:03 UTC 2007

Jiann-Ming Su wrote:
> On 5/1/07, Bruce Hudson <Bruce.Hudson at dal.ca> wrote:
>> ...you should probably rethink what you are doing.
>>

> Preaching to the choir, my friend. ;-)  Unfortunately, I don't have
> enough political clout to stop/change the VoIP deployment.  Think 1000
> phones (or more) rebooting all at once.

define "all at once."  (a reoccurring question that you will see in the archives)

"when 1000 people show up for work"  is much different than "wake on lan" at 8am.

/me thinks of 1000 voip streams.  The dhcp server will not be the problem.  use
what you got, get the system up, fix the problems.

Carl K