IP destination address for DHCPOFFER?

Glenn Satchell Glenn.Satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue Jun 26 13:22:39 UTC 2007

You could try this option. It's a grey area, the client is supposed to
request that responses be broadcast but not all do, so the dhcp server
gives you the each way option.

man dhcpd.conf
     The always-broadcast statement

       always-broadcast flag;

       The DHCP and BOOTP protocols both require DHCP  and  BOOTP
       clients to set the broadcast bit in the flags field of the
       BOOTP message header.  Unfortunately, some DHCP and  BOOTP
       clients  do  not  do  this,  and therefore may not receive
       made  to always broadcast its responses to clients by set-
       ting this flag to 'on' for the  relevant  scope;  relevant
       scopes  would  be  inside  a  conditional  statement, as a
       parameter for a class,  or  as  a  parameter  for  a  host
       declaration.    To avoid creating excess broadcast traffic
       on your network, we recommend that you restrict the use of
       this  option to as few clients as possible.   For example,

regards,
-glenn