dhcp-relay

Jim Pazarena dhcpserver at ccstores.com
Thu Jun 14 22:57:42 UTC 2007

I have several remote networks each with an in-line appliance which runs dhcp-relay sending
dhcp requests off to my primary network. All work as expected.

I also have a similar appliance on my primary network, which does not need a dhcp-relay
because it is the network which is running isc-dhcpd and to which all other dhcp-relays point
to.

If I should have dhcp-relay running on the primary network appliance (for no good reason
except that programming all the appliances identically is much easier), I am wondering if
dhcp-relay will cause a problem. This is a bandwidth monitoring/limiting appliance.

TIA