"not mine" messages

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Jun 6 15:17:59 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 09:22:35PM +0200, Per olof Ljungmark wrote:
> Thank you for the response! I have really tried to give dhcpd a "green
> field", ie. started from scratch with clean zone files, but STILL see
> those messages. I am beginning to wonder if this particular network has
> another competing dhcp server....

Possibly this is an overzealousness in our (new!) ddns log messages.

Perhaps your DNS server is issuing NXDOMAIN for any update attempt
within the domain.  Possibly we should only emit that log message
on NXRRSET specifically.

We should probably log the DNS status code as well..."what happened"
is more important than "what we think it means."

--
Ash bugud-gul durbatuluk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
				 https://secure.isc.org/store/t-shirt/