DHCP config file sysntax error check

Armando González Arellanos armando.gonzalez at probiomed.com.mx
Mon Jul 23 17:58:50 UTC 2007

Thank you Dawn
It Works fine

-----Mensaje original-----
De: dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org [mailto:dhcp-users-bounce at isc.org] En nombre
de Dawn Keenan
Enviado el: Viernes, 20 de Julio de 2007 1:37 p.m.
Para: dhcp-users at isc.org
Asunto: Re: DHCP config file sysntax error check

Armando González Arellanos wrote:
> Hi
>

> I installed the DHCP on a new computer. I configurate my server but when I
> tried to start it I only receive the FAIL message (I use RHEL5 ) I other
> version I receive a message with the syntax error of my file.

You can run dhcpd with the '-t' option to check the configuration file
and not start a daemon.  It should provide error messages and a nonzero
return code if there is a configuration problem.  To only get output
when there is an error, add '-q' to the options.

--
Dawn Keenan, IST, University of Waterloo