Purging of lease file does not involve deletion of RRs

Peter Rabbitson rabbit at rabbit.us
Wed Jan 17 15:25:01 UTC 2007

Hello,

Say I have a number of leases that performed a successful interim dns
update. Their leases are written to the leases file, with the
corresponding TXT records and everything. If I change my dhcpd.conf in
such a way that those leases are not included in any host or range,
dhcpd simply throws it away on reload with the message:
lease xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx: no subnet
However it does not attempt to delete the corresponding RRs resulting in
stale records. Is this an intended behavior or is something that was
overlooked and a bug should be filed?

Thanks

Peter