DISCOVER bursts

Staffan.Ungsgard at teliasonera.com Staffan.Ungsgard at teliasonera.com
Mon Jan 8 11:11:04 UTC 2007

Yes Lars - That's exaxtly the scenario - right on target!

With or without lease limit the server offers different addresses on DISCOVERS from the same client if
the DISCOVERS arrive to close to eachother. Multiple DISCOVERs from the same host is quite natural behaviour
in DHCP negotiation, but this is the only box we've seen that have them arriving so close in time - and that
gives us the problem.

The box is an AT&T netgate.

I know that the server is single-threaded, but couldn't it be constructions with timers etc that could make it
possible for the dhcp server to show this behaviour.

Best Regards

-- Staffan