SV: DISCOVER bursts

Lars Jacobsen lars-jacobsen at newmail.dk
Sat Jan 6 19:23:35 UTC 2007

Well I read the question as regardless of the CPE "misbehaver" (asking for
an IP address 4 times) the server should NEVER offer more than max two
addresses to a client in this particular config. But it does, why ?

I expect Staffan has:
spawn with option agent.circuit-id;
lease limit 2;
somewhere in his config.

Maybe as suggested an race/timing issue inside the server, keeping track on
offered not yet acknowledged leases, compared to some of the rules for this
specific client.

/Lars