'peer holds all free leases' query

Usman Wahid usman.wahid at asia.apple.com
Tue Feb 13 03:11:03 UTC 2007

Hi,
I am one of those, who regularly get 'peer holds all free leases'
message in dhcp log files in our failover environment. Occasionally,
I have to stop the daemon and purge lease database on one of the
server, when the problem gets particularly worse. We do use NTP to
sync time. I am using V3.0.4. Is there a feature in version after
3.0.4 that can help to alleviate this issue? I do see a mention of
'Failover servers try harder to retransmit binding updates upon
entering NORMAL state' in the release notes of 3.0.5rc2. Is it related?

Regards,
Usman