How does DHCPD determine what IP address to assign and...

Ryan McCain Ryan.McCain at dss.state.la.us
Fri Dec 21 16:34:16 UTC 2007

1) If I have a defined scope of 10.120.5.1 - 10.120.5.180, whill DHCPD hand out .1 to the first DHCPD client, .2 to the second and so on?  Or is there another algorithm thats used?

2) Is it possible to assign a subset of IP addresses in my scope to DHCP clients whos UID identifier contains a specific string?  For example, all dialup users have ASYNC in their UID.  We'd like to be able to assign them IP addresses 10.120.5.100 - .180.

Thanks, Ryan