Help with class match understanding.

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Dec 13 19:09:39 UTC 2007

Tom Greaser wrote:

>We took a big jump from 3.0.1  the conf file was working as normal
>until we added class match in group2.   generic break down of our our
>conf is setup.

Not good enough, we have to guess too much about what you have
actually configured. Post the actual config file, though you can trim
it if there is lots of repetition - for example, we don't need to see
7,000 host declarations or subclass declarations !

>looking below you will see when the new conf was put in place.. Now
>hosts that match
>the class match even though the pool / match statment is not part of
>that goup1.. it will be
>offered and IP . when it should be denied an IP.

Again, can't really comment as we can't read the config file. However
(and this came up earlier this week), class statements are global in
scope.