update static leases

Richard Smits R.Smits at tudelft.nl
Wed Aug 22 18:41:49 UTC 2007

Christof Chen wrote:
>>> with interim ddns updates, so long as the TXT record contents match,
>>> it should work.
>> Ok, so to be clear,
>>
>> With update static leases setting, I am still able to change records,
>> but the server will not delete them ?
>
> The server will record the static lease in DNS, the server will update, but it
> will not delete it.
> If you ever reuse the name with another client it will simply fail to update
> the record (because the TXT does not match anymore).
>
> Christof Chen

Ahh, now it is getting clear... Now I also understand the error messages
about "no such RRset"

Aug 22 17:05:17 srv1 dhcpd: [ID 702911 local6.error] Can't update
forward map pc5311.company.net. to 129.180.4.50: no such RRset

I think the TXT does not match anymore. I will investigate this further.
 My problem started with a client, which IP number has been changed. It
has now 2 PTR records off wich one is false.

Thanks...