Question about dhcp-client-identifier

Darren perl-list at network1.net
Tue Aug 21 20:12:01 UTC 2007

That is true until you have two devices with the same mac address.  Then
it uses the UID and allocates the two devices two different ips.  If
these two devices are in the same physical network, they can't function
in this situation anyway, so better to give them both the same IP
address and ignore the fact that they are two different devices.  Even
if they are in two different physical networks, this behavior is still
desirable in our configuration.