Configuring dhclient for DHCP Vendor Specific Options

Parag Nandedkar paragnandedkar at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 20:19:33 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have installed DHCP Server version 3 on my machine.
Vendor Specific part in my dhcpd.conf file is as below:

set vendor-string = option vendor-class-identifier;

option space Example;
option Example.param code 200 = string;

class "ExampleClass" {
  match if option vendor-class-identifier = "ExampleClass";
  vendor-option-space Example;
  option Example.param "http://www.google.com";
}

How to set my dhclient.conf file to recieve vendor specific parameter from
server ?
If I mention following two lines in dhcpclient.conf file :

send vendor-class-identifier "ExampleClass";
vendor option space Example;

It says, vendor option space Example not found.

How the client is going to accept these vendor specific parameters ?
Do I need to set some other parameter so that client will request vendor
specific parameters ?
Where can I see the parameters sent by the server ?

Regards,

Parag