"booting disallowed" in server log

Matt Laoye laochu at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 18:57:55 UTC 2007

On 4/5/07, Keith Neufeld <keith.neufeld at wichita.edu> wrote:

> > Can someone explain to me why the server denied
> > booting to the DHCPDISCOVER while it ACKed a lease to the same host
> > in less than a minute ago?
>
> > host registered through omapi in dhcpd.leases:
> >
> > host hostname{
> >   dynamic;
> >   hardware ethernet 00:14:a5:e5:7f:67;
> > }
>
> At one time, I had to explicitly set "known" to 1 on an OMAPI host to
> make it known.  If you're not already, try that?

Thanks, I've created host object with "known" set to 1 as you suggested,
that doesn't help.

Also we have some host blocked on our network by mac address through OMAPI,
like this in dhcpd.leases:
host blockedmacaddr-00-12-f0-c2-35-15 {
  dynamic;
  hardware ethernet 00:12:f0:c2:35:15;
        supersede server.allow-booting = 00;
}

which blocked the mac address as desired:
Apr  6 14:47:19 omni dhcpd: DHCPDISCOVER from 00:12:f0:c2:35:15 via
10.231.191.254: booting disallowed

Seems to me sometimes the server can't tell the difference between blocked
hosts and innocent hosts and blocks the wrong one.

Matt