Cleanup leases?

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at colby.edu
Tue Sep 26 14:19:21 UTC 2006

Hi,
Attached is a perl script to clean up lease files.  It takes the
current lease file, cleans it per the arguments, and writes out
a new file that you can move into place WHILE dhcp is shut down.
Be *sure* that all DHCP servers are shut down and quiet before
monkeying with your lease files.  Be *sure* that all of your
DHCP servers have the same lease file before starting DHCP back
up.  Use at your own risk, etc, etc.

For public areas where people/laptops come and go, lower your lease
time.  Our pubic areas like our library have lease times only in
the few-hour range.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College