execute problems

Jon Otterholm jon.otterholm at ide.resurscentrum.se
Mon Sep 18 14:58:41 UTC 2006

Hi.

I'm trying to use the new "execute" function in isc-dhcpd-V3.1.0a1 with
not all good results.

on commit {
  set hostip = binary-to-ascii(10,8,".", leased-address); set hostmac =
binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":", substring(hardware, 1, 6));
  if (execute ("/usr/scripts/test2.sh", hostip)) = 0) {
    log (concat ("Firewall updated with new client ", hostip, " ",
hostmac));
  } else {
    log (concat ("Error while updating firewall with client ", hostip, "
", hostmac));
  }
}

/usr/scripts/test2.sh:

/bin/echo $1>> /home/jon/test.date

When running the script manually it works fine but when triggered by
dhcpd the value added to /home/jon/test.date are always null (an empty
line).

I allso have problems with logging of MAC when there are zeros in the
address - they are all left out. For example 0a:0b:0c:0d:0e:0f becoms
a:b:c:d:e:f in the logfile.

Is this version of dhcpd still to buggy to use - is is better to use a
release with the exec-patch?

/Jon