simulating dhcp requests?

Jiann-Ming Su sujiannming at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 14:17:25 UTC 2006

Is there a way to use dhclient to simulate a bunch of dhcp requests?
I'm trying to do a load test on our dhcp configuration.  But, dhclient
want to bind to an existing interface.  The other way I've briefly
considered is to generate the dhcprequest through the existing
interface and using linux netfilter to spoof random MAC addresses.
Thanks for any tips.

--
Jiann-Ming Su
"The system's broke, Hank.  The election baby has peed in