DHCP Time Zone and Daylight Saving time

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Wed Sep 6 18:44:20 UTC 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 07:28:35PM +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> However, I think all the common desktop OSs
> handle time changes automatically as long as you
> tell them the timezone when you set them up - and
> will sync to a time server to get UTC.

There are regions of the world where daylight savings is
at the whim of cricket games or other unusual events.

I'm not sure how desktops figure that out unless they're
told by someone else.

--
ISC Training!  October 16-20, 2006, in the San Francisco Bay Area,
covering topics from DNS to DDNS & DHCP.  Email training at isc.org.