No Dynamic update of my DNS when MAC computers take their fixed address

Armando González Arellanos armando.gonzalez at probiomed.com.mx
Wed Nov 22 23:05:18 UTC 2006

Hi
authoritative;
ddns-update-style interim;
ignore client-updates;

shared-network probiomed.com {
                subnet 172.16.32.0 netmask 255.255.240.0 {

                        ddns-update-style interim;
                        ddns-domainname "probiomed.com.";
                        ddns-rev-domainname "in-addr.arpa.";
                        ddns-updates on;
                        ignore client-updates;

				option routers 172.16.32.1;
                        option subnet-mask 255.255.240.0;
                        option broadcast-address 172.16.47.255;
                        option domain-name "probiomed.com.";
                        option domain-name-servers 172.16.32.19,172.16.41.1;
                        option ntp-servers ntp-se.probiomed.com.mx;
                        option time-servers ntp-se.probiomed.com.mx;
                        range 172.16.41.180 172.16.41.254;
                        default-lease-time 28800;
                        max-lease-time 43200;
                        }

				host 02-00-00248 {
                              option host-name "02-00-00248.probiomed.com";
                              hardware ethernet 00:0C:76:04:09:FB;
                              fixed-address 172.16.41.10;
                                  }

Here I put more stations with fixed address
}

I review your comments but, My windows PCs configured with fixed address in
this way can update the internal DNS, my Linux work stations can update the
DNS like the windows PCs. ONLY the MACINTOSH PCs can't update their names on
the DNS.

I don't understand why ONLY the MAC can't update their option host-name on
DNS.

My dynamic range is used for some visitors and suppliers. I'm not interested
to update their names in my local DNS, only the PC and stations with fixed
address.

Thank you in advance for your comments and help

Armando Gonzalez