Alias IP

Zachár Balázs zachar at direkt-kfki.hu
Tue Nov 21 09:42:04 UTC 2006

Frank Bulk írta:
> Zachar:
>
> Have you considered applying the virtual IP as a an alias interface (eg.
> eth0:0) to the live node, and then when failing over, move the alias
> interface to the failover node?

Yes
>  And combine that with the local-address
> directive?

Yes
>  That way incoming and outgoing IPs are all the virtual IP.

No, Because, default if you have an alias IP on your physically int.
the incoming packets can come in the alias IP but the outgoing packets
every time  go out on the real interface...
> I saw your other response: don't you want all your DHCP traffic coming in on
> your virtual IP?

I would like to all dhcp traffic  come  and go on my virtual IP...
Because  the clients are an other VLAN and there is an ip helper address
command on the router interface and because some other reason (firewall)...

Thx,
Balázs