option log-servers

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu Nov 16 17:12:59 UTC 2006

twanny at line.sytes.net wrote:

>I'd like to give the option log-servers, but what log server should I have
>running on my Linux machine?

You will almost certainly be running 'syslog', but by default this
will be configured to only accept input from the local machine. You
can change this, but it isn't very flexible in controlling what it
accepts - as in you can either accept remote syslog or not. You can
of course use a firewall to control access by ip address.

Some people replace syslog with syslog-ng which is far more flexible,
but I haven't used it so I can't comment.