DHCPD , dhcp relays on a large network

Alexandru Coseru alexandru.coseru at totaltelecom.ro
Fri Nov 10 12:09:02 UTC 2006

The ideea is that   each switch has a subnet  attached to it..

On the backbone   , I have the dhcpd server..

The dhcpd server is not directly attached to the subnets , it has to go
through a layer3 route to reach them..

                 10.1.1.0/24                                 192.168.1.0/24
subnet1

The L3 SW A  has  DHCPD relay options enabled  ,  so the DHCPD requests
arrives   on  srv1.
But srv1  has no knowledge  of  class 192.168.1.0/24  , and the server
cannot be started  (Error:   No subnet declaration for 192.168.1.0/24).
The server has only one ethernet NIC , with ip 10.1.1.1  on it..

Can you elaborate more on shared networks ?

Regards
    Alex