DDNS with host declarations

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Fri Nov 3 00:22:03 UTC 2006

On Thu, Nov 02, 2006 at 10:36:15PM +0100, Jan Engelhardt wrote:
> >This static entry sends a DDNS Update to BIND as Lease Transaction.
> >It Works!
>
> It only works when "update-static-leases on" is in effect, and that
> still does not handle DNS deletions when leases have expired because it
> is not recorded as a lease (/var/lib/dhcp/db/dhcpd.leases remains empty).

Considered trying 3.1.0 alpha?  There's a new feature in it, fairly
untested, called 'reserved leases'.  These are regular dynamic leases
that are reserved for a client.

So expiration ocurrs, the lease still belongs to the client, but
all expiration related events happen as normal (such as ddns
teardowns).

It's kind of klunky to try and get leases flags set 'reserved', but
that's the feature you're asking for I think.