OMAPI lookup by IP fails for static host entries

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu Nov 2 23:22:41 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 10:46:37AM +1300, Matt Brown wrote:
> Why can OMAPI not just lookup the host entry by IP address? The code
> seems to be in the server, I can lookup by MAC address, so why not by IP?

I think it can look up dynamic host entries by IP (eg ones created
via OMAPI)?  Just not static ones (eg from dhcpd.conf)?

But I'm not sure.  I try very hard not to think about how omapi
works.

But it would be pretty strange to do an OMAPI query for a lease
structure by ip address, and to get a host structure instead.

That wouldn't be right.