Multiple DHCP server processes

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Thu May 25 15:51:31 UTC 2006

On 25 May 2006, at 11:52, Arvids wrote:
> We have web fronted for dhcpd configuration, which
> are used very actively, so there is a need for dhcpd restart very
> often. So
> we have to decrease dhcpd process start times.

I wonder whether you really need to deliver a new configuration
every time someone completes a web transaction.  You could accumulate
updates and deliver new configurations according to a fixed schedule.
We do this half-hourly during the working day (but not on the 00 and
30).

Best regards,

Niall O'Reilly
University College Dublin Computing Services

PGP key ID: AE995ED9 (see www.pgp.net)
Fingerprint: 23DC C6DE 8874 2432 2BE0 3905 7987 E48D AE99 5ED9