dhcpd 3.0.1 stops responding to requests

Chuck Anderson cra at WPI.EDU
Mon May 22 21:24:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 11:00:13AM -0700, Wil Birkmaier wrote:
> Hello All, I have tried searching thru the archives as well as google
> the last couple days and have come to my wits end trying to figure this
> one out.  The only thought I have at this point is the failover has
> problems with using other ports (Using 521 instead of 520) or WANs

I don't think so.  I run multiple instances of failover on the same
dhcpd, each one using a different port starting at 520 and going up to
523.  I also set the peer port to the same port number.

>         mclt 600;
>         split 255;
>         load balance max seconds 3;
> }

I think I read on here once that the split 255 may cause an issue.
I've always used the default split of 128.