dhcpd.leases~

David W. Hankins David_Hankins at isc.org
Thu May 18 14:49:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 08:31:36AM -0500, Rimike Y Liverpool wrote:
> Is there a specific time interval for the rewriting of the leases file to
> prevent it from growing and can it be changed?

Yes, no.

server/db.c, line 724 or thereabouts:

        /* If we haven't rewritten the lease database in over an
           hour, rewrite it now.  (The length of time should probably
           be configurable. */
        if (count && cur_time - write_time > 3600) {

--
David W. Hankins		"If you don't do it right the first time,
Software Engineer			you'll just have to do it again."