silently neglected requests fixed by restarting dhcpd

Andrew C. Dingman adingman at cookgroup.com
Thu May 18 12:17:18 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 10:24 +0100, Simon Hobson wrote:
> >Is three seconds too long of a ping-timeout for Microsoft clients?
>
> Very probably. It means that each request will be ignored for 3
> seconds before answering (or something like that). Some clients just
> have no patience !

The ping test is not very useful anyway if most of your clients are
using XP SP2, or for any other reason have host-based firewalls. Since
that's a pretty common configuration now, I wouldn't worry too much
about turning the ping timeout down or even turning ping-check off.

--
Andrew C. Dingman
Unix Administrator
adingman at cookgroup.com